Did you know the average American consumes 11 million pounds of chips, 4 million pretzels, 2.5 million pounds of nuts, and 2 billion chicken wings on Super Bowl Sunday? Here are some strategies to stay ahead of the game.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Match every beverage you consume with at least 1 glass of water.
- Do not skip meals to save your calories for the big game.
- Keep a normal eating routine through the day to avoid overindulging at the party
Choose foods wisely!
- Add vegetables or bring a vegetable tray so you know there will be healthier options.
- Assess the buffet options prior to filling up your plate.
- Slow down, be present, and focus on eating.
- Use smaller bowls, plates, glasses and utensils.
- Sit or stand where extra food isn’t constantly in the line of sight.
Have your own pre-game workout by yourself or with a group.
Whether you are looking for healthy game day foods or general nutritional guidance, our dietitians are here to help! Schedule an appointment at Lifestyle Health by calling 320-534-3096 or e-mailing email@example.com