The YMCA and CentraCare have partnered to offer parenting classes on two effective approaches backed by research. Parenting the Love and Logic Way provides practical, easy-to-use techniques that help prepare kids for the real world while assisting parents with developing healthy and respectful relationships with their children. Additionally, Love and Logic: Adults Supporting Youth with Challenging Pasts offers a trauma-informed approach to raising children. 1-2-3 Magic offers a simple and effective procedure for setting limits in addition to helping parents reinforce positive behavior in children between the ages of 2-12.
July 2020 – December 2020 Schedule
Monday Sessions – 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- 7/27/2020 – 1-2-3 Magic – Session 1
- 8/3/2020 – 1-2-3 Magic – Session 2
- 9/14/2020 – Parenting the Love and Logic Way – Session 1
- 9/21/2020 – Parenting the Love and Logic Way – Session 2
- 9/28/2020 – Parenting the Love and Logic Way – Session 3
- 10/26/2020 – Love and Logic: Adults Supporting Youth with Challenging Pasts – Session 1
- 11/2/2020 – Love and Logic: Adults Supporting Youth with Challenging Pasts – Session 2
- 11/9/2020 – Love and Logic: Adults Supporting Youth with Challenging Pasts – Session 3
- 12/7/2020 – 1-2-3 Magic – Session 1
- 12/14/2020 – 1-2-3 Magic – Session 2
Saturday Sessions – 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- 8/8/2020 – 1-2-3 Magic
- 10/17/2020 – 1-2-3 Magic
Jeffrey Reed, MS, LMFT
Sara Salas Ramirez
Participants complete Love and Logic courses after attending three separate evening classes. 1-2-3 Magic can be completed in two separate evening classes. Saturday 1-2-3 Magic courses will be completed on the same day.
Love and Logic courses: $80
1-2-3 Magic: $60
YMCA Members receive a $20 discount
A 100% refund will be given if cancellation occurs. 24 hours before class begins. There will be no refunds issued within 24 hours of a class start time.
Children are able to use the Kid Zone while their parents attend classes. The fee for Monday sessions for one child is $15.75; each additional child is $1.00. The fee for Saturday sessions for one child is $31.75; each additional child is $1.00.
YMCA Members receive a $5.00 discount.
St. Cloud Area Family YMCA
Conference Room A
2001 Stockinger Drive
St. Cloud, MN 56303
Registration can be completed online. Participants can also register over the phone by calling 320.253.2664 or in person at the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA front desk.