Rock Climbing Wall
*All persons using the rock climbing wall must sign a waiver before doing so. Waivers are good for the calendar year and must be signed by a parent or court-appointed legal guardian.*
Mondays – 5pm-9pm
Tuesdays – CLOSED
Wednesdays – 5pm-9pm
Thursdays – CLOSED
Fridays – CLOSED
Saturdays – 12pm-4pm
Sundays – 12pm-4pm
These hours are when we will have staff available for anyone to climb. Otherwise, if you are belay qualified, there will be an opportunity to rent equipment at the front desk to rock climb on your own. Please note that Lead Climbing is not allowed.
*The rock wall will close 30 minutes early if there aren’t any participants on the wall.*
Youth Rock Climbing Club
6 week program
$50 members | $70 non-members
*Please check back for next Climbing Club session*
Rock Wall Qualification Class
Qualification Class will be 2 hours long. Once class is taken, you will then prove to YMCA Staff you have retained the information before being able to rent out equipment. Class will be limited to 10 people. Qualification good for one calendar year.
NEXT ROCK WALL QUALIFICATION CLASSES
- Thursday, November 29th – 5:30-7:30PM
- Tuesday, December 11th – 7:00-9:00PM
- All climbers should be familiar with the equipment, techniques & wall safety before climbing.
- Everyone using the wall must sign a waiver before climbing. Any climber under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian. New waivers will be filled out every year.
- You must be 5 years of age or older to climb.
- Belay Qualified – Climbers must have completed YMCA Belay Qualification during the current calendar year to check out belay equipment and belay other climbers. Climbers must be 16 yrs. old to check out belay equipment. Members between the ages of 11- 15 who are Belay Qualified must be directly supervised by a Belay Qualified Adult (16 years old or older).
- Running is not allowed in the climbing or bouldering areas.
- Stay standing against the far wall while waiting to climb.
- All climbers must wear appropriate footwear. Open toe, open heal, or hard sole shoes are not allowed.
- Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult unless they are a part of a YMCA program.
- Climbing barefoot is not allowed.
- All climbers need to wear dry clothes. Wet clothes are not allowed.
- Use only holds on wall for climbing. Do not touch exposed metal, belay bars, clips, etc.
- Climbers must stay “on route” while climbing due to the dangerous swing factor caused by climbing “off route.”
- Sitting down or lying down while belaying is not allowed.
- All accidents and equipment damage must be reported immediately
- Personal climbing equipment is not allowed- equipment rentals are available at the front desk.
- You must have at least one spotter when bouldering
- Boulder within your personal limits; climber’s feet must stay below the 8 foot (marked by white hold line on wall)
- Children 16 and under must be supervised and spotted by their parents/chaperones in the bouldering area. Children should stay well below the8 foot
- “Topping out” (climbing on top of bouldering area) is not allowed.
- Yield to roped climbers and show courtesy to others bouldering.
- Participants found to be belaying, climbing or bouldering in an unsafe manner will be asked to leave the wall. Infractions can result in suspension of climbing privileges.