We’re living in a time where people are putting more emphasis on health than ever before. That’s why medical massage, as well as traditional massage, are gaining credibility and becoming a major part of our health care team. At Lifestyle Health, we are committed to providing the best quality service and helping people feel better about their overall health and wellness. We offer both medical and traditional massage to meet the specific needs of each individual. Here are some details about what each style can provide for you.
- Stress relief: Both traditional and medical massages treat stress. If you find that you just need some time to relax and ease the stress of your daily life, traditional massage is right for you. If you would like to dig deeper into how stress affects you and what you can do about it consider medical massage.
- Pain relief: This is where medical massage really shines. During a medical massage session, we investigate any underlying conditions that may be contributing to your pain, as well as use a multitude of different techniques to pinpoint where your pain is coming from to help relieve it. Medical massage also includes a treatment plan to help you reach your goals. Traditional massage can also provide great overall pain relief!
- Good mental health: Massage in general, whether it’s traditional or medical is great for your mental health. In our fast-paced world, stress, anxiety and depress are at an all time high. Our minds and bodies are interconnected, and massage provides us with that much needed healing touch that is ingrained in all of us.
- Injury recovery and sports performance: Massage is very underutilized when it comes to injury or sports performance. Medical massage is great at creating a treatment plan to recover from an injury, as well as treat any pain that may be present due to compensation. Traditional massage is where you’ll find a great overall aid in performance with modalities such as deep tissue or sports massage.
- Team approach: Traditional massage has always been a part of a wholistic health approach focusing on what massage can provide for your overall health. Medical massage utilizes the same philosophies but may also recommend other professions such as acupuncture or health coaching to maximize the effectiveness of your treatments. We believe in helping you in any way we can, even if it means recommending you to another professional.
No matter if you’re looking to just relax, or if you’re in serious need of pain relief, Lifestyle Health is here for you!