The Y community is seeking an enthusiastic, well organized, motivated and independent leader within the fitness coaching team. Inherent understanding and knowledge of health and fitness practices, including how to use equipment, and how to demonstrate exercises with proper form and technique. Coaches are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the fitness center and ensuring the safety of members within the fitness center. This is an exciting time to join our growing organization serving in healthy living, youth development and social responsibility.
- Manages the day to day traffic within the fitness center. Directs and leads fitness coaching sessions to educate our members on how to utilize the facility safely, while also finding the best fit for other offered programs that we can connect our members to.
- Maintains and monitors the cleanliness of the fitness facility and the equipment we have to offer in our facility.
- Working in a team environment and participating in monthly cleaning and meeting days.
- Implementing and executing new programs and ideas with the fitness coach coordinator.
- Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Connect with members using Listen First techniques
- Offer information on proper use of exercise equipment
- Establish a healthy emotional environment to impact adherence
- Take initiative to sell Personal Training during Fitness Coaching shifts and member interactions
- Integrate the mission of the YMCA and follow the core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility into the healthy living aspect of job responsibilities
- Take professional initiative to promote personal training, clinics and all wellness-related opportunities
- Maintains cleanliness and pleasant environment of the fitness floor
- Inform members of new information regarding strength training safety and effectiveness
- Create and conduct fitness challenges in the cardio and strength areas
- Attend scheduled Fitness Coaching staff meetings
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Healthy Living
- Minimum 18 years of age
- CPR/AED/First Aid certified within 30 days of hire
- New Staff Orientation required within 90 days of hire
- Working towards a degree in the health/wellness field
- Required night and weekend availability
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required
- Ability to work with youth and adults from beginner to advanced levels of fitness experience
- Must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job • Must be able to lift at least 45 pounds
- Fitness Coach must abide by YMCA policies, procedures and guidelines and complete incident reports as necessary
- Prior to monitoring the fitness floor alone, the Fitness Coach must train with a mentor and be approved by the Healthy Living Director
- Must be willing to have flexible working hours. Evening and weekend availability required.
- Flexible part-time- Hours will require nights and weekends
- Hourly, negotiable based on experience
HOW TO APPLY
Contact: Cathy Elness, (320) 253-2664
To apply for this job please visit scymca.org.