Dear Friends of the Y:
As there are growing concerns about the potential spread of viruses in our community, we want to share how the Y, with your help, is keeping you and your family and friends healthy and safe.
With the flu and other respiratory illnesses commonly circulating publicly during the winter months, we always closely monitor information from public health officials and other experts . We follow their prevention guidelines to help keep our YMCA clean and safe for everyone.
The Y uses cleaning products approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and adheres to all health and safety recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Minnesota Department of Health.
Here are some of the safety steps we always take:
- Frequently clean all surfaces and “high-touch” items.
- Diligently clean all areas throughout the day and overnight.
- Provide ample hand sanitizer stations, and equipment disinfectants to members, participants, campers and staff.
- Encourage people experiencing symptoms affiliated with these illnesses to take care of themselves, keep a distance from others as not to spread illnesses and encourage them to visit with their medical provider.
In addition to these efforts, we share these recommendations from health officials to help prevent the spread of germs:
- Clean all fitness equipment and other frequently touched objects before and after every use.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after your workout.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unclean hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay home when you or a child are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
For more information on how to prevent and prepare for flu and respiratory illnesses, and coronavirus, we encourage you to visit the web sites for the Minnesota Department of Health, the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO).
We will continue to communicate with you as needed on key updates as we work closely with public health officials. We appreciate your support in providing a healthy, safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
St. Cloud Area Family YMCA