Safety of our Campers is ALWAYS our first priority at the Y. In addition to cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing nearly constantly, we will be following safety guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Health and American Camp Association. Both are based on CDC Guidelines.
Read our full Camp Parent Handbook 2020
With the COVID-19 Situation, Camp will look different than in years past.
Changes for 2020 will include:
- We will be practicing physical distancing. Groups of no more than 9 campers will travel from activity to activity as a group throughout the day. Staff will remain with their groups.
- Camp will begin at 7:30 a.m. Because of the additional staffing required, early drop-off will not be available this year. Families who pre-paid for early drop-off will have their payments applied to other camp fees.
- All Y Staff and Campers will be required to wear masks. Exceptions will be made only for those who have a diagnosed medical issue that prevents them from wearing a mask.Campers will be given a running buff courtesy of Bernick’s when they arrive.
- Temperature and health screenings will be required of both parents and campers in order to enter the building each day.
- In order to limit Campers potential exposure to COVID-19, we are cancelling all field trips. Families who pre-paid for field trips will have their payments applied to other camp fees.
- In order to practice physical distancing, Campers will not be using the Pool or Rock Wall. (We will however, be going outside A LOT – bring sunscreen!)
- For at least the first month, lunches will not be available. Campers are asked to bring a nut-free lunch.
- Parents my not change the days of their child’s attendance after Tuesday, May 26 at 8 a.m. You must email Carolyne at Carolyne.Anderson@scymca.org in order to make a change.
Due to these new staffing and programming requirements that dictate a smaller number of campers and more staff, camp will run at a deficit this summer. However, the Y is committed to providing this important service to you and your children.
What we are asking you to do:
- Teach your children NOW about physical distancing and frequent hand-washing
- Provide your child with a mask they may wear to camp
- Complete all of the required health documents in Camp Space