The holidays are all about spending quality time with your family and friends in your community, but technology and screen time can get in the way. At the Y, members like you – of all ages, backgrounds and walks of life – can set the virtual world aside to make lasting, meaningful connections in real life.
Here are a few ideas for making deeper connections this holiday season:
- Exercise with family, without tech: Take out the Air Pods and TALK to your running or walking partners during the Wishbone 5K on Thanksgiving morning.
- Make it competitive: Your Y will open as usual at 5 a.m. on Black Friday. Start a new post-Thanksgiving tradition by challenging your family on the basketball court or in the lap pool.
- Try something new: Consider trying a new sport or fitness program at your Y. A new experience can help you and your family connect with each other, meet new people and stay active!
- Make friends: have you thought about striking up a conversation with someone new in the lobby of the Y or after a great class, but weren’t sure how to begin? Chances are, you’re not alone. Try these conversation starters and you’ll be making connections in no time:
- Are you doing/did you do the Wishbone 5K?
- What’s your favorite holiday tradition?
- Were you a Y kid growing up?