St. Joseph Community Center & YMCA
A multi-generational destination with a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the St. Joseph Community Center & YMCA will fulfill the community’s requests for gathering space, family recreation options and programming for all ages.
The City of St. Joseph and the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA are partnering to elevate the health and well-being of Central Minnesota. The creation of the St. Joseph Community Center & YMCA will ensure that all community members have access to wellness, recreation and social networks that are key to healthy community life.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the St. Joseph Community Center & YMCA will fulfill the community’s requests for gathering space, family recreation options and programming for all ages.
- Individual and family memberships
(with financial assistance available)
- Fitness classes and programs for all ages
- Community partnerships
- Youth programming and sports
- Programs for seniors
A place for all ages
Based on community input, we have developed plans to build a 45,000-square-feet facility on more than eight acres in the center of St. Joseph (the site of the former Kennedy Elementary School).
- 3 gyms
- Walking and running track
- Family pool
- Fitness facility with cardio, strength training and studios
- Meeting spaces
- Kids Zone with indoor and outdoor play area
It is what happens within these walls that makes the difference. We will see our community be active, have fun and come together in a variety of ways. Here’s just a few:
- Youth sports programs
- Day camps for youth
- Swim lessons
- Water exercise
- Open swim
- Educational classes
- Senior social activities
It is our desire to be the front porch of the community — to bring together neighbors and newcomers through physical, educational and spiritual growth. We need to keep evolving to meet the needs of our community:
- Expand access with new locations and spaces
- Increase and diversify member engagement
- Serve as the community cornerstone of support and innovation
The first two priorities in our plan include:
- St. Joseph Community Center & YMCA
Outdoor Water Park at our St. Cloud YMCA location
We Need You
Let’s come together to ensure that the Y has the resources to strengthen our communities and make an enduring impact in our own neighborhoods.
- The St. Cloud Area Y is more than a community wellness and fitness facility. We are a nonprofit dedicated to ensuring access to quality facilities and community programs.
- Our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for every individual.
- With a focus on Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, expanded services and resources in these areas will improve individual lives and enrich the St. Cloud and surrounding communities.
We need your help to make this a reality. Get involved as a volunteer or with a financial gift.