St Cloud Area Family YMCA
Job Title: Lifeguard Coordinator
Reports To: Aquatics Director
Work Location: St Cloud Area Family YMCA
Work Schedule: 30 hours/week – flexible schedule, including weekends
Job Description: Maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, on the deck and surrounding areas. Positively communicate information on pool rules and Y programs.
General Functions: Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, the Lifeguard Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the safety, well-being and enjoyment of the aquatic center for all patrons in the pool area while on duty; this includes pool deck observations as well as patrons in the water. The Lifeguard Coordinator is also responsible for the supervision, scheduling and training of all the lifeguards in our aquatic center. The Lifeguard Coordinator must provide supervision and training on accident prevention through safety checks, rule enforcement, proper guarding techniques and emergency response; including water rescue, CPR/AED, and First Aid for all lifeguards. The Lifeguard Coordinator must also work effectively with the Aquatics Director to ensure department goals and policies are met.
• Recruit, hire and train quality lifeguards to staff the Aquatic Center
• Create work schedule and inform lifeguards of their schedules in a timely manner
• Assist with creating and implementing in-service training calendar for the season and prepare items as necessary; materials, staff agenda, meeting minutes, etc.
• Ensure maintenance, vacuuming and cleaning procedures are completed
• Monitor pool deck for any maintenance or equipment concerns and act if any unsafe conditions exists
• Interact with all members and staff in a professional, courteous and friendly manner
• Open and close the pool according to the organizations procedures, if assigned to do so
• Update Aquatic Manual on an as-needed basis and train all current lifeguards when additions are created and introduced
• Perform other duties as requested by the Aquatics Director
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• At least three (3) years of guarding experience
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Demonstrate leadership skills in an outgoing, friendly, assertive, professional and mature manner
• Effective interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with program participants, members, directors and staff.
Compensation: Salary is negotiable. Must be available to work weekends. Other benefits outlined by our personnel membership policy
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should respond to Jamie Darling, Aquatic Director, at (320) 253-2664, ext. 110 or email Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 30, 2017