YMCA: St. Cloud Area Family YMCA
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Join a growing movement serving Central Minnesota in Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. Serving over 12,000 and growing, we are excited about the addition of Swim Instructors to our team!
This individual is responsible for providing swimming instruction to people of all ages, following the YMCA of the USA Aquatics and Swim Lessons guidelines. Swim Instructors will provide excellent customer service in a safe, enjoyable, and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and satisfaction in accordance with the YMCA policies and procedures
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
QUALIFICATIONS: – Required
- Minimum age of 16.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/PR, AED, and First Aid.
- Certifications required within 60 days of hire: YMCA Swim Instructor.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize swimmers who may need assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and remedy hazardous/dangerous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to swim in shallow and deep water, and tread water
- Patience and the ability to communicate with all ages and levels of swimmers.
- Dedicated to member safety and the mission and philosophy of the YMCA
- Must remain in the pool area at all times.
- Must be able to remain alert, with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher.
- Ability to recognize distress signals.
- Ability to support child or adult body weight in the water.
- Be in water ranging from 80-90 degrees for one to four hours.
- Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
- *Incentive for working an average of 25 hours consistently.
- Must be available to work some weekends.
- Possibility of job performance increase after 90 days
- Other benefits outlined by our personnel membership policy.
Click here to apply and complete the Online Application
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com