Job Title: Supervised Visitation Monitor
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Supervised Visitation Supervisor is responsible to provide a safe and nurturing environment within the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA, while supervised visitations and exchanges take place. Supervised Visitation Monitor is responsible for creating and maintaining a high quality of services to all clients served through this program. This position requires a strong commitment to the mission of the YMCA and the ability to make sound and ethical decisions. It is beneficial for the Supervised Visitation Supervisor to have knowledge in the areas of diversity, chemical dependency, neglect, domestic violence, sexual abuse, verbal abuse, and mental illnesses.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain neutral relationships with parents and the children that participate in the Supervised Visitation and Exchange Program.
- Supervises and observes family interactions including intervening when necessary.
- Provides parent education, supervising, and documenting for court ordered visitations for county child protection cases and family law cases between non-custodial parents and their child(ren) to reunify children with their parents when possible.
- Understand and maintain a very high level of confidentiality concerning clients and their cases.
- Effectively communicate the mission, vision, and values of the YMCA to everyone who comes in contact with the YMCA.
- Document all interactions in a neutral manner by typing a detailed supervised visitation/exchange summary for all supervised visitation/exchanges that occur.
- Assure that all parties involved in supervised visitation/exchanges pay at the start of each supervised visitation/exchange.
- Provide a safe place in where child(ren) are able to interact with visiting parents.
- Must be able to have reliable transportation to provide supervised visitations within 60 miles from St. Cloud, Minnesota.
- Working on a Bachelor’s degree or have a degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, or a related Human Service preferred but not required. One year experience working with children and families.
- One year of experience working with children and families experiencing crisis.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments
of the community.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with program participants, members, directors and staff.
- Typical requirements within 60 days of hire include: completion of: CPR; First Aid; and AED certifications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong problem solving and conflict resolutions skills.
- Valid MN driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, clean driving record, ability to maintain a clean driving record and meet the agency’s driving requirements and proof of car insurance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 plus pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, push, squat, sit, crouch, walk, kneel, twist, pull, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, run, throw, swim, Climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, have finger dexterity, grasp, talk, hear, have visual acuity, vocal projection and perform repetitive motions..
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and well-being of members.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
- May be required to sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
PAY: $14.50 per hour
To apply for this job please visit scymca.org.