YMCA: St. Cloud Area Family YMCA
Location: St. Cloud, MN
As a Summer Camp Counselor, you will play an important role in providing a fun, engaging, and safe environment for our campers. You will lead children between the ages of 5-13 throughout our 12-week program in a variety of activities, games, crafts, and trips. You will greatly contribute to the Y’s mission of building healthy, happy kids.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, to ensure the operation of a quality children’s program.
- Ensure children are aware of rules and daily schedule routines.
- Help implement a weekly schedule for your camp group.
- Organize, lead, and participate in a variety of small and large group activities each week. Activities may include crafts, games, social activities, sports, etc. This includes time spent on the bus.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues following protocols & doing documentation.
- Ensure that the site and staff areas are kept clean and organized.
- Communicate with parents about participant’s experiences and report concerns to Camp Leadership.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, logbook documentation, and daily attendance.
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes, but is not limited to, being responsible for your campers’ safety and whereabouts at all times.
- Help guide Junior Counselors and Camp Volunteers to have a deeper understanding of leadership and counseling skills.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Upon hire, completion of YMCA provided CPR/First Aid/ AED licensing, Rock Wall qualification, and all other camp staff trainings.
- Must be at least the age of 18.
- Available for at least 11 out of the 12 weeks of the summer camp season. Applicants unable to guarantee at least 11 weeks may not be considered for a position.
- Ability to work as a member of a team & accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Willingness to jump in and help in all situations.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities
- At least one year of childcare experience
- Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. in various forms.
- Ability to sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
- Must constantly be alert, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities to monitor environment and children’s well-being.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
Position Dates & Times:
June 6th -August 26th. Monday- Friday: 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. – various shifts throughout this time. Camp Closed July 4th
$15.00 an hour.
The Perks of the Position:
As part of the YMCA camp family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, and great teammates, as well as a free gym membership.
How to Apply:
Send resume and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Day/Time: May 1st, 2022.
Contact: Jenna Kingsley, Camp Coordinator.
To apply for this job please visit scymca.org.