Job Title: Social Services Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Department: Social Services
Reports to: Social Services Director
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Social Services Coordinator directs all aspects of supervised visitations/exchanges for the Social Services Department including recruitment of new program participants, fostering positive relationships with counties, social workers, and judges and supervision of assigned staff. The Social Services Coordinator develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals.
- Assists in creating a program that is a participant-focused culture. The ideal applicant would model relationship-building skills in all visitation/exchange interactions and will foster a climate of innovation and revolve problems to ensure participant satisfaction.
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, firing, training, developing, scheduling and directing personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Supervises and observes family interactions including intervening when necessary.
- Advocate for children and families by offering appropriate feedback and referrals.
- Maintains completed documentation and updates case files.
- Encourage written and oral feedback from staff, participants and members to ensure constant improvement.
- Responsible for 100% coverage for Supervised Visitations/Exchanges
- Ensure that all staff is in compliance with the dress code
- Communicate in writing with professional staff on issues relating to staff concerns on days, weekends and in the evenings
- Attend weekly meetings with Social Services Director
- Follow and ensure that all Risk Management procedures are followed
- Understand and have the ability to act on all emergency procedures
- Stay current on all policies and practices by checking the operational manual, communications book, and staff meeting minutes
- Interact with all program participants and staff in a professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Create a work schedule and inform all staff of their work schedules in a timely manner
- Coordinates use of facilities for program activities.
- Provide a safe environment for all participants.
- Assist in maintaining a clean facility.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Effectively communicate the mission, vision, and values of the YMCA to everyone who comes in contact with the YMCA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, or a related Human Service degree.
- One year of experience working with children and families.
- Preferred but not required current LSW (Licensed Social Worker) or working towards completion of LSW.
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments
of the community.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in an outgoing, friendly, assertive, professional and mature manner.
- Organization skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with program participants, members, directors and staff.
- Typical requirements within 60 days of hire include: completion of: CPR; First Aid; and AED certifications.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 plus pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, push, squat, sit, crouch, walk, kneel, twist, pull, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, run, throw, swim, Climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, have finger dexterity, grasp, talk, hear, have visual acuity, vocal projection and perform repetitive motions..
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and well-being of members.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
- May be required to sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).
- Ability to travel locally to meetings.
- $17-$19 (Based on experience)
- YMCA retirement upon meeting requirements, health insurance including health, dental, life, long-term disability, PTO, free family membership, and program discounts
JOB: FULL TIME
To apply for this job email your details to SARA.RAMIREZ@SCYMCA.ORG