Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
If you are a person who wants your career efforts to have a lasting impact on your community and work in a welcoming and positive environment, then you have a passion who would thrive with our team.
The preferred candidate has a gift to build relationships and a passion to serve others. Excellent communication skills, detail oriented, organized, a person who will find solutions, self-starter and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people are essential to thrive and succeed.
The Y community is seeking an enthusiastic, and motivated person to join our team as a Social Service Director. This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, social responsibility, and healthy living.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Recommends and implements discipline and corrective actions, including termination from employment. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Supervise and observe family interactions including intervening when necessary.
- Creates a program that is a participant-focused culture. The ideal applicant would model relationship-building skills in all visitation/exchange interactions and will foster a climate of innovation and revolve problems to ensure participant satisfaction.
- Advocate for children and families by offering appropriate feedback and referrals.
- Maintain completed documentation and update case files.
- Develop systems and programs, which encourage member and staff feedback for improving ways to serve members.
- Encourage written and oral feedback from staff, participants, and members to ensure constant improvement.
- Ensures proper implementation of Social Services procedures and rules. Reviews and updates Social Services procedures and communicates changes to staff.
- Provides annual written strategic plan to meet program goals and expansion of services at the Y and within the community.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations and represent the association through community participation through Committee meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, or a related Human Service degree.
- One year of experience working with children and families.
- Preferred but not required current LSW (Licensed Social Worker) or working towards completion of LSW.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).
Salary: Compensation based on experience
Additional Compensation: YMCA retirement upon meeting requirements, health insurance including health, dental, life and long-term disability, PTO, free family membership and program discounts
Job: Full Time
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and references to Heather.Sabin@scymca.org. Resumes accepted until June 3rd, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit scymca.org.