Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
The preferred candidate has a gift to build relationships, a passion to serve others, and a desire to develop staff who will help to increase the retention of Y memberships. Excellent communication skills, detail oriented, organized, a person who will find solutions, self-starter, and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people are essential to thrive and succeed.
Directs and supervises all aspects of leading the Personal Trainers, programs and engagement opportunities that meet the needs of the members and the community. Strategic thinker who develops and implements strategies to achieve growth in services, programs, guides members on a healthier lifestyle journey, and retention of members.
- Working towards a degree in related field or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have a current Personal Training Certification; ACSM, NASM, ACE, ISSA, etc.
- Ability to work with youth, adults, and seniors from beginner to advanced levels of fitness experience
- Must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required
- Position may include mandatory participation in various schedules to include early morning, evening and/or weekend commitments.
- Manages the day-to-day operations within Personal Training, which includes sales/projections, stats, training, certification upkeep, research and develop new and current programs, communication to staff, members and community.
- Assign all new clients to personal trainers. After assigning them connecting with trainer on sessions.
- Facilitates and schedules staff meetings and trainings.
Creates and implements the process to increase the number of personal training sessions, programs both current and new and the retention of members.
- Recruits, hires, mentors, and trains in new personal trainers. Review and evaluate staff performance, applies corrective and disciplinary actions as needed, including the termination of a staff member’s employment. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Models’ relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions by establishing rapport with members. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner. Resolves problems by listening and asking questions to understand member feedback and concerns
- Works with Healthy Living Director to set the budget each year
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and up to 50 plus pounds.
- May be required to sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee may be frequently pushing, hearing, stooping, climbing, squatting, kneeling, sitting, crouching, pulling, standing, reaching, vocal projecting and performing repetitive motions.
- Ability to perform a variety of physical activities with program participants which may include, but are not limited to, walking, bending, reaching, standing for long periods of time, running, throwing, and swimming.
- Must have sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).
COMPENSATION: (Based on experience)
BENEFITS: YMCA retirement upon meeting requirements, health insurance including health, dental, life and long-term disability, PTO, free family membership and program discounts
JOB: Full Time
To apply for this job please visit scymca.org.