YMCA: St. Cloud Area Family YMCA
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Join a growing movement serving Central Minnesota in Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. Serving over 12,000 and growing, we are excited about adding more lifeguards to our team!
The Lifeguard is responsible for supervising the aquatics area to prevent accidents, assist swimmers, and respond to emergencies. The incumbent will create a safe, enjoyable and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and satisfaction in accordance with the YMCA policies and procedures. The Lifeguard will oversee multiple activities including open swim, water exercise, swim lessons, and lap swimming.
- Minimum age of 16
- Current nationally accredited lifeguard certification
- Currently certified in First Aid, CPR/AED for the professional rescuer
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time
- Ability to recognize swimmers who may need assistance
- Ability to recognize and remedy hazardous/dangerous situations
- Ability to communicate with all ages and levels of swimmers
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Dedicated to member safety and the mission and philosophy of the YMCA
- Ability to pass lifeguard water test
- Must be able to remain alert with no lapses of consciousness in a warm environment with air temperatures of 80 degrees or higher
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods
- Ability to hear noises and distress signals
- Observe all areas of the pool with clear vision
- Perform all needed rescues and survival skills
- Be able to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue, including swimming quickly, supporting adult body weight while swimming as far as 50 feet, and removing adult body weight from the pool
- Communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations
- Incentive for working an average of 25 hours consistently.
- Must be available to work minimum of 2 weekends out of the month (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).
- Other benefits outlined by our personnel membership policy.
- Paid training offered.
HOW TO APPLY: Please complete the online employment application.
To apply for this job please visit scymca.org.