Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy helping members through their journey to a healthier lifestyle. You help to motivate and educate members in many areas of wellness through building relationships and serving. You have the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
If you are a person who enjoys people, loves to serve the community, building relationships, motivated, compassionate, great communication skills, the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people and an independent leader who is looking to have a lasting impact on your community, then you have a passion who would thrive with our team.
Have an inherent understanding and knowledge of health and fitness practices, including how to use equipment, and how to demonstrate exercises with proper form and technique. Coaches are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the fitness center and ensuring the safety of members within the fitness center.
- Working towards a degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work with youth and adults from beginner to advanced levels of fitness experience
- Must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required
- Must be willing to have flexible working hours. Evening and weekend availability required
- Manages the day to day traffic within the fitness center. Directs and leads fitness coaching sessions to educate our members on how to utilize the facility safely, while also finding the best fit for other offered programs that we can connect our members to.
- Maintains and monitors the cleanliness of the fitness facility and the equipment we have to offer in our facility.
- Working in a team environment and participating in monthly cleaning and meeting days.
- Implementing and executing new programs and ideas with the Fitness Coach Coordinator.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions by establishing rapport with members. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner. Resolves problems by listening and asking questions to understand member feedback and concerns
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPENSATION: $14 – 15 (Based on experience)
BENEFITS: YMCA retirement upon meeting requirements, health insurance including health, dental, life and long-term disability, PTO, free family membership and program discounts
JOB: Full Time
To apply for this job please visit scymca.org.