Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
The preferred candidate has a gift to build relationships, a passion to serve others, and a desire to develop staff who will help to increase the retention of Y memberships. Excellent communication skills, detail oriented, organized, a person who will find solutions, self-starter and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people are essential to thrive and succeed.
Directs and supervises all aspects of the Fitness floor, programs and engagement opportunities that meet the needs of the members and the community. Strategic thinker who develops and implements strategies to achieve growth in programs, guides members on a healthier lifestyle journey, and retention of members.
- Working towards a degree in related field or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work with youth and adults from beginner to advanced levels of fitness experience
- Must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required
- Position may include mandatory participation in various schedules to include early morning, evening and/or weekend commitments.
- Manages the day to day operations within the fitness center. Directs and leads fitness coaching sessions to educate our members on how to utilize the facility safely, while also finding the best fit for other offered programs that we can connect our members to.
- Facilitates and schedules staff meetings and trainings.
- Creates staff schedule monthly.
- Provides leadership and leads all communication to staff.
- Creates and implements the process to increase the number of coaching sessions and the retention of members.
- Manages and facilitates the Fitness Coaching and member fitness challenges/programs.
- Manages the cleanliness and pleasant environment of the fitness floor. Inspects equipment and fitness areas on a regular basis to ensure it is properly maintained. Report any concerns to maintenance.
- Ensures high quality member-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance, applies corrective and disciplinary actions as needed, including the termination of a staff member’s employment. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions by establishing rapport with members. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner. Resolves problems by listening and asking questions to understand member feedback and concerns
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPENSATION: $16-$19 (Based on experience)
BENEFITS: YMCA retirement upon meeting requirements, health insurance including health, dental, life and long-term disability, PTO, free family membership and program discounts
JOB: Full Time
To apply for this job please visit scymca.org.