Job Title: Member Service Associate
Status: Part Time
Reports to: Membership Coordinator
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of assigned areas.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the facility and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Interviews and/or tours prospective members; sells memberships.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the YMCA.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies all YMCA policies and guidelines when dealing with member services with sound judgment resulting in member satisfaction
- General cleaning, monitoring of locker rooms, restrooms and additional tasks/ projects deemed necessary by administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds, ages and abilities.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Knowledge of computers including point of sale and data base entry.
- Strong ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. While we will schedule around school schedules, we do require you to be available for shifts 2-3 weekends per month.
- Ability to take initiative on projects and tasks.
- Accuracy and ability to learn & follow complex registration procedures and handle member requests with friendly promptness.
- Certifications required within 60 days of hire: CPR/AED, First Aid & Child Abuse Prevention Training
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PAY RATE: $11.00
Employees enjoy a FREE adult membership as well as discounts on Y programs throughout the year.
To apply for this job please visit scymca.org.