Status: Full Time Department: Maintenance
Reports to: Membership Engagement
Creating a quality member experience at the St. Cloud Area Family Y. This is accomplished through maintaining a clean and safe building for use of members. General and deep cleaning experience a plus. (Running floor scrubber, stripping and waxing floors, scrubbing tile and grout as needed).
Not limited to light and deep cleaning including: vacuuming, mopping, cleaning windows, dusting and sanitizing floors, counters, showers, bathrooms and other areas used by the members of our facility.
- 18 years old or older with a desire to learn.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Demonstrate the four core values of the YMCA – Caring, Respect, Honesty, and Responsibility.
- Good communication skills with members, staff and volunteers.
- Day, evening and weekend shift. Must be willing to have flexible working hours.
- Must not be afraid of heights.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certified within 30 days of hire.
- New Staff Orientation required within 90 days of hire.
- Must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 plus pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, push, squat, sit, crouch, walk, kneel, twist, pull, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, run, throw, swim, Climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, have finger dexterity, grasp, talk, hear, have visual acuity, vocal projection and perform repetitive motions..
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and well-being of members.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment .
- May be required to sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).
- Ability to travel locally to meetings.