Female Cycle Club
These no drop rides are designed to improve your confidence riding in a group setting, get you fitter, make you faster, and get you race ready! Rides typically have a leader that will choose the route and be able to give pointers along the way.
Rides open to ALL women in the community, you don’t have to be a racer, just want to ride bikes, get sweaty, and have some fun! These are fitness rides, so expect to be riding at about 15-19 MPH, averaging 15-30 miles per ride.
Contact Kim Johnson, Personal Trainer, at Kim.Johnson@scymca.org for any questions as she is the one running this program!
Pricing: $60 Members | $80 Non-Members — includes t-shirt!
Drop In Rates: $10 Members | $15 Non-Members
- Thursday, May 24th – 6:00PM – Wabagon Trail Head in Avon
- Saturday, June 9th – 9:00AM – Soo Line Trail off Hwy 10
- Thursday, June 21st – 6:00PM – Wabagon Trail Head in St. Joseph
- Saturday, July 14th – 9:00AM – Arboretum in Brainerd and ride to Nisswa (will carpool)
- Thursday, July 26th – 6:00PM – Wabagon Trail Head in Albany
- Saturday, August 11th – 9:00AM – Soo Line Trail off Hwy 10
- Thursday, August 23rd – 6:00PM – Wabagon Trail Head in Avon
RIDING CHECKLIST >>>
CYCLE PRE-RIDE INSPECTION
- TIRE PRESSURE AND CONDITION
- BRAKE CHECK
- BOLTS TIGHT
- SEAT AND HANDLEBAR HEIGHT FITS YOU
- CHAIN LUBED
- GRANOLA BAR OR GEL PACK
- WATER (HYDRATION PACK; BOTTLE FOR CAGE)
CORE BIKE ITEMS
- Y WILL HAVE ALL THE ITEMS FOR BIKE REPAIR
COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
- PADDED SHORTS OR TIGHTS
- WICKING JERSEY OR TOP
- GLOVES (OPTIONAL)
- CELL PHONE