Job Title: Custodian Coordinator
Status: Full Time – Hourly
Reports to: Property Manager
Join a growing movement serving Central Minnesota in Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. Serving over 17,000 and growing, we opened our new facility in May 2017. Under the supervision of the Property Manager the Custodian Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of the custodial staff of the branch. The incumbent must maintain a clean, sanitary, welcoming environment for YMCA members.
- Core job function is the upkeep of the floors throughout the building and showers in all locker rooms.
- Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, floor scrubbing, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, vacuuming, power washing, sweeper, and general cleaning.
- Recruit, hire, and train custodial staff to accomplish all duties with the highest quality and cleanliness possible.
- Supervise, evaluate, and schedule custodial staff to accomplish all duties with the highest quality and cleanliness possible.
- Purchase cleaning supplies, store supplies in the proper location and prep storage areas for daytime staff.
- Advises management on maintenance issues and projects as requested.
- Ensures and partners with the Property Manager that assigned cleaning vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
- Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Record and report all needed repairs, repair as directed, follow up with staff.
- Ensure YMCA building and property is secure during shift and reports incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Safely operate motorized and non-motorized cleaning equipment.
- Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Evening and weekend shift. Must be willing to have flexible working
- One or more year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- 18 years old or older with a desire to
- Must be able to lift
- Must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the
- Good communication skills with members, staff and
- Must not be afraid of
- New Staff Orientation required within 90 days of
- Demonstrate the four core values of the YMCA – Caring, Respect, Honesty, and
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
Compensation: $13.00-$16.00 per hour (Compensation is based on experience)
Benefits: Y Membership, Health, Dental, PTO and holiday time off, retirement 7% paid by Y upon meeting eligibility requirements.
Please send all resumes to Heather.Sabin@scymca.org