Thank you for staying with the Y during this difficult time.
We are excited to have you return to our facility! We’ve prepared a safe environment to welcome you back. As we gradually reopen, some of the first changes you will experience are indicators for healthy physical distancing, ample places to sanitize and wash hands and significant disinfecting of equipment by members and Y team members during the day. We will deliberately phase in areas and amenities of low risk as we move to full capacity.
We will be re-opening the Y to Members and program participants of the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA only on Monday, June 15. We will be using a phased approach. Phase 1 begins June 15. Our phased approach is highlighted below.
Our hours will be:
- Monday – Friday: 5 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Staying Safe Together
To ensure members’ health and safety, we are implementing the following protocols to reduce health risks to our members, program participants, and staff. The information below is subject to change at any time.
What the Y is Doing
- Masks for all staff: All staff are required to wear masks during their shift.
- Touchless Temperature Taking and Health Screening: Every person who enters the Y (employee, member or program participant) will have their temperature taken and be given health screening questions to answer.
- Self-Check In AND OUT: Members will be ask to self check-in using the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA App on their smartphone. This will allow for limited contact entry. In addition, in order to be certain we do not exceed the maximum capacity recommended by the State of Minnesota, we will ask you to self-check OUT.
- Physical Distancing: All areas in the Y have been evaluated and re-configured where necessary to help all our members maintain six feet of physical distance between themselves and others.
- Limiting Guests: Only Members and Program Participants of the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA will be allowed in the facility. Guests and members of others YMCA’s will not be allowed during Phase 1.
What We’re Asking Members to do
- Stay at Home If You’re Sick. Upon entering the Y, we’ll ask you three questions. If you would answer “yes” to any, please stay home:
- Have you Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Bring a towel, a water bottle and a mask. Towel service will not be available. Water fountains will be closed, but water bottle fillers will be open. While masks are not required while working out, we do encourage you to wear one while moving from space to space in the Y.
- At the Y, wash your hands before and after each activity.
- Clean equipment before and after use. Reduce the risk of exposure by wiping equipment down before and after your workout. Additional disinfecting sprays and paper towels have been placed throughout the building for your convenience.
- Expect reduced capacity. Per requirements and recommendations from the CDC and MDH, we will have reduced capacity in many of our programs, along with the building itself. Check our current Building Capacity on our website.
- Vending machines available. Our vending machines will be available in the lobby, coffee will not be.
- Consider leaving the kids at home. Kids 10 and older are welcome to use our Cardio and Strength areas with an adult. Unfortunately, with Kid Zone and gyms closed for Phase 1, there won’t be much for little ones to do, and there won’t be much space for waiting.
In order to comply with current best safety practices, we will use a phased approach to re-open. A full list of our first phase spaces and services is included below. We will update the below information as it changes and will send members frequent updates via email and our mobile app.
- Family Pool Open Swim – Closed.
- Hot Tub – Closed.
- Lap Swim, Adult Water Fitness and Current Channel Walking – Open. Reservations required. Visit our schedules page to view times. Call front desk at 320.253.2664 to reserve your lane/space. Reservations accepted one day in advance. All reservations are 45 minutes long and begin at the top of the hour.
- Master Swim – Opens June 29.
- Sauna – Closed.
- Steam Room – Closed.
- Swim Lessons – Open.
- Swim Team – Open.
- Water Exercise Classes – Open. Reservations required. Visit our schedules page to view times and make your reservation.
Health & Fitness Training
Health & Fitness Programs & Events
- Basketball Courts –Open June 29 Reservations are required. Schedule a half-court by calling the front desk. 45 minute maximum reservations begin on the hour. 6 people maximum per half court. Check-in at the front desk when you arrive. All players will be required to sign-in. One reservation per group per day. Reservations may be made no earlier than the day before the requested time. NO SPECTATORS. NO PICK UP GAMES ALLOWED.
- Boot Camp – Virtual and Outdoor options available.
- Female Cycle Club – Open.
- Parent Enrichment Classes – Open.
- Pilates Reformer – Open, but limited to 3 participants per class.
- Rock Climbing Wall – Closed.
- Racquetball Courts – Open. Call the front desk at 320.253.2664 to reserve your court. Only 2 people allowed in the court at one time unless part of a YMCA Program.
- Tae Kwon Do – Open. Classes being held outside.
Health & Fitness Equipment
- Cardio Equipment – Open.
- Strength Equipment – Open. Do not move equipment.
- Stretching Area – Open. Do not move equipment.
- Walking Track – Open with limited capacity. Watch for entrance/exit signs.
Supervised Visitation & Exchanges
- Birthday Parties – Closed
- Build a Better Athlete – Open outside.
- Day Camp – Open
- Kid Zone – Open. Reservations are required and can be made online up to one day in advance, but no less than 2 hours in advance. Walk-Ins not allowed. Parents not allowed past the gate, except for YMCA Programs. Full details, expectations and link to reservations are on our website.
- Parents Night Out – Closed.
- Tae Kwon Doe – Open. Classes being held outside.
- Youth Sports – Open. Visit individual sports pages for schedules.