Thank you for staying with the Y during this difficult time.
We are excited to have you return to our facility! We’ve prepared a safe environment to welcome you back. As we gradually reopen, some of the first changes you will experience are indicators for healthy physical distancing, ample places to sanitize and wash hands and significant disinfecting of equipment by members and Y team members during the day. We will deliberately phase in areas and amenities of low risk as we move to full capacity.
The St. Cloud Area Family YMCA is open to Members and program participants. After closing this spring due to COVID-19, we have taken a phased approach to re-opening. Please see below to learn what areas of our building are available, and with what restrictions.
Staying Safe Together
To ensure members’ health and safety, we are implementing the following protocols to reduce health risks to our members, program participants, and staff. The information below is subject to change at any time.
What the Y is Doing
- Masks for all staff and members: All staff and members are required to wear face coverings unless actively engaged in fitness or athletic activities. If you have a pre-existing condition that doesn’t allow you to wear a mask, please let us know.
- Touchless Temperature Taking and Health Screening: Every person who enters the Y (employee, member or program participant) will have their temperature taken and be given health screening questions to answer.
- Self-Check In AND OUT: Members will be ask to self check-in using the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA App on their smartphone. This will allow for limited contact entry. In addition, in order to be certain we do not exceed the maximum capacity recommended by the State of Minnesota, we will ask you to self-check OUT.
- Physical Distancing: All areas in the Y have been evaluated and re-configured where necessary to help all our members maintain six feet of physical distance between themselves and others.
What We’re Asking Members and Guests to do
- Stay at Home If You’re Sick. Upon entering the Y, we’ll ask you three questions. If you would answer “yes” to any, please stay home:
- Have you Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Bring a towel, a water bottle and a face covering. Towel service will not be available. Water fountains will be closed, but water bottle fillers will be open. While masks are not required while working out, you are required to wear one while moving from space to space in the Y.
- At the Y, wash your hands before and after each activity.
- Clean equipment before and after use. Reduce the risk of exposure by wiping equipment down before and after your workout. Additional disinfecting sprays and paper towels have been placed throughout the building for your convenience.
- Expect reduced capacity. Per requirements and recommendations from the CDC and MDH, we will have reduced capacity in many of our programs, along with the building itself. Check our current Building Capacity on our website.
- Vending machines available. Our vending machines will be available in the lobby, coffee will not be.
In order to comply with current best safety practices, we will use a phased approach to re-open. A full list of our first phase spaces and services is included below. We will update the below information as it changes and will send members frequent updates via email and our mobile app.
- Family Pool Open Swim – Opens. Reservations required. Visit our schedules page to view times. Call front desk at 320.253.2664 to reserve your space. Reservations accepted one day in advance. All reservations are 45 minutes long and begin at the top of the hour. When you arrive for your time, stop at the front desk for a wristband. Since masks cannot be worn, social distancing will be required. All personal items should be left in the locker room. Only those swimming will be allowed in the pool area.
- Family Pool Slide. Closed.
- Hot Tub – Open. 4 person capacity.
- Lap Pool – Open to Lap Swim and Y Programs. 2 people per lane capacity. Reservations required. Visit our schedules page to view times. Call front desk at 320.253.2664 to reserve your lane/space. Reservations accepted one day in advance. All reservations are 45 minutes long and begin at the top of the hour.
- Master Swim – Open.
- Sauna – Closed.
- Steam Room – Closed.
- Swim Lessons – Open.
- Swim Team – Open.
- Water Exercise Classes – Open. Reservations required. Visit our schedules page to view times and make your reservation.
Health & Fitness Training
Health & Fitness Programs & Events
- Basketball Courts –Open. Reservations are required. Schedule a half-court by calling the front desk. 45 minute maximum reservations begin on the hour. 6 people maximum per half court. Check-in at the front desk when you arrive. All players will be required to sign-in. One reservation per group per day. Reservations may be made no earlier than the day before the requested time. NO SPECTATORS. NO PICK UP GAMES ALLOWED.
- Boot Camp – Open, with virtual options available.
- Female Cycle Club – Open.
- Parent Enrichment Classes – Open.
- Pilates Reformer – Open, but limited to 3 participants per class.
- Rock Climbing Wall – Open. Call the front desk to reserve a 45-time slot. NO walk-ups. Check our schedules page for open times. You must be 12 or older to make a reservation. Ages 5-12 may climb with a parent. Limit 4 people in the climbing area at any time, including staff. Extra family members may wait in the hall. When the wall is staffed, only auto-belays will be available.IMPORTANT: Climbing holds and walls cannot be cleaned between ascents or daily in a manner that eliminates virus transmission risk. This means climbers MUST rigorously adhere to proper personal hygiene practices.
- Physical Distancing: Climbers must allow for appropriate space between other climbers, belayers, and staff.
- Hand Sanitation: Climbers are to disinfect their hands prior to and immediately after climbing by washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. .
- Proper climber hygiene should also include proper respiratory etiquette, and refraining from touching the face, particularly during and immediately following climbing.
- Racquetball Courts – Open. Call the front desk at 320.253.2664 to reserve your court. Only 2 people allowed in the court at one time unless part of a YMCA Program.
- Tae Kwon Do – Open. Classes being held outside.
Health & Fitness Equipment
- Cardio Equipment – Open.
- Strength Equipment – Open. Do not move equipment.
- Stretching Area – Open. Do not move equipment.
- Walking Track – Open with limited capacity. Watch for entrance/exit signs.
Supervised Visitation & Exchanges
- Birthday Parties – Open.
- School Year Day Camp – Open
- Kid Zone – Open. Reservations are required and can be made online up to one day in advance, but no less than 2 hours in advance. Walk-Ins not allowed. Parents not allowed past the gate, except for YMCA Programs. Full details, expectations and link to reservations are on our website.
- Parents Night Out – Open.
- Tae Kwon Doe – Open.
- Youth Sports – Open. Visit individual sports pages for schedules.