The Y is proud to be a community leader in health and safety
When you visit the Y, some of the first things you’ll notice are the practices we’ve put in place to help our members and guests stay healthy, active, and safe. Contactless check-in, significant disinfecting of equipment, and ample places to sanitize and wash hands are just a few of the measures we’re taking.
Please review the full list of protocols below. This information is subject to change at any time.
Learn more about COVID-19 and the vaccine by visiting covid19.centracare.com.
Face masks are optional for members, guests, and participants who visit the YMCA and participate in programming.
Effective Thursday, February 24, 2022 it is optional for YMCA staff to wear a mask or face covering while working.
Important note: Members, guests, participants, and staff will not be asked to provide proof of vaccination upon entry to the Y; however, we ask that the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility remain central as you consider your visits to the Y.
What the Y is Doing
- Self check-in AND out: Members will be ask to self check-in using the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA App on their smartphone. This allows for limited contact entry/exit.
- Enhanced cleaning: In addition to frequent cleaning and disinfecting of areas and equipment, Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization has been installed in our HVAC system. Learn more about this air cleaning system.
- Physical distancing: All areas in the Y have been evaluated and re-configured, where necessary, to ensure members maintain 9 feet of physical distance between themselves and others. All fitness equipment has been configured to maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
- Day passes: Sold during business hours.
- Age requirements: Anyone 10 and under must have a parent with them in the building.
What we’re asking you to do
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Clean equipment before and after use. Reduce the risk of exposure by wiping equipment down before and after your workout. Additional disinfecting sprays and paper towels have been placed throughout the building for your convenience.
- Make a reservation. Reservations are required for some programs and specific areas of the building. Learn more and make a reservation today!
- Wash your hands before and after each activity.
A full list of our spaces and services is included below. We will update the below information as it changes and will send members frequent updates via email and our mobile app.
- Family Pool Open Swim – Open
- Family Pool Slide – Open
- Hot Tub – Open. Eight people per hot tub. 15 minute limit.
- Lap Pool – Open to Lap Swim and Y Programs. 1 person per lane capacity. Reservations made via website. All reservations are 1 hour long.
- Master Swim – Open
- Sauna – Open
- Steam Room – Open
- Swim Lessons – Open
- Private Lessons – Open
- Swim Team – Open
- Water Exercise Classes – Open. Reservations required. Visit our schedules page to view times and make your reservation.
- Adult Exercise/Water Walking – Open. Reservations made via website. All reservations are 1 hour long.
Health & Fitness Training
- Boot Camp – In person and Zoom options are available.
- Group Exercise – Open. Reservations required. Classes vary by discipline and ability to stream. Visit the schedules page of our website to view times and make a reservation. Virtual Group Exercise continues on the Virtual Y platform.
- Personal Training– Open with 6-foot social distancing between trainer and client.
- Partner & Group Training – Open with 6-foot social distancing between trainer and group.
- Pilates Reformer – Open with 6-foot social distancing between reformers and trainer.
Health & Fitness Programs & Events
- Basketball Courts – Open
- Parent Enrichment Classes – Open. Virtual options available.
- Rock Climbing Wall – Open. Only four people allowed in the rock wall area at a time. Parent and/or legal guardian must make reservation. Reservations made via website.
- Racquetball Courts – Open. Reservations made via website. All reservations are 1 hour long. Four per court.
- Taekwondo – Open
Health & Fitness Equipment
- Cardio Equipment – Open.
- Strength Equipment – Open. Do not move equipment.
- Stretching Area – Open. Do not move equipment.
- Walking Track – Open.
Supervised Visitation & Exchanges
- Open – As part of the St. Cloud Hospital, masks are required.
- Birthday Parties – Open. Please contact the Party Coordinator for more information.
- Kid Zone – Open. Reservations are required and can be made online up to one day in advance. Walk-ins not allowed. Parents not allowed past the gate, except for YMCA Programs. Full details, expectations and link to reservations are on our website.
- Parents Night Out – Open
- Taekwondo – Open
- Youth Sports – Open