Youth Sports Coordinator/ Coach Job Description
Develops, organizes, and implements high quality youth sports programs for our fall sports of volleyball or soccer.
- 1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Expands youth sports program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- 2. Secures, schedules, and prepares athletic fields and facilities. Transports and sets up equipment for games and practices; monitors and informs supervisor of necessary sporting equipment purchases.
- 3. Creates teams from paid and financially assisted registrations. Organizes and conducts parent orientation meetings, and training and meetings for coaches.
- 4. Develops and distributes team practice and game schedules; develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks.
- 5. Coach an assigned group of children emphasizing skill development, safety, fair play, sportsmanship, and fun.
- 6. Preside over team activities including all scheduled team practices and games
- 7. Be responsible for team equipment.
- 8. Ensure equal playing time for all your players regardless of the score.
- 9. Work to establish and improve team unity and spirit.
- 10.Adhere to YMCA policies, objectives, and rules. Lead by example among team parents to support the responsibilities of the referee and league leadership.
This is a six-week commitment for soccer and an eight-week commitment for volleyball with the games occurring on Saturdays mornings. The practices will be during the week.
- 1. One to two years related experience preferred.
- 2. Minimum age of 18.
- 3. CPR/ First Aid/ AED certifications
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
Hourly Salary- $9.50/hr. Hourly requirements vary based on season.
To Apply: Please email resume to Carolyne.Anderson@scymca.org