Supervised Visitation/Exchange Supervisor
YMCA: St. Cloud Area Family YMCA
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Job Summary: Join a growing movement serving Central Minnesota in Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. Serving over 12,000 and growing, we are opening our new YMCA in May of 2017!
Key Responsibilities: The supervisor is responsible to provide a safe and nurturing environment within the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA, while supervised visitations and exchanges take place. The supervisor is responsible for creating and maintaining a high quality of services to all clients served through this program. The supervisor must have the ability to establish and maintain neutral relationships with parents and the children that participate in the Supervised Visitation and Exchange Program. This person must be able to maintain accurate observational behavioral documentation. This person must also understand and maintain a very high level of confidentiality concerning clients and their cases. This position requires a strong commitment to the mission of the YMCA and the ability to make sound and ethical decisions. It is beneficial for the supervisor to have knowledge in the areas of diversity, chemical dependency, neglect, domestic violence, sexual abuse, verbal abuse, and mental illnesses.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Must have at least three years of customer service experience.
- Experience with computers, Microsoft Office, and SharePoint.
- Certified in CPR, First Aid, AED or able to acquire within 90 days.
- Two years of post-secondary education or higher.
- A background in Social Work, Criminal Justice, or Mental Health fields is preferred.
- Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively with people, monitor staff, and supervised visitations.
- Ability to perform light physical activity.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work accurately and at a fast pace.
- Strong communication skills. This includes reporting any immediate issues to the Social Services Director.
- Must possess excellent human relations skills, fostering positive relationships with program participants and staff while remaining neutral.
- The supervisor must have a commitment to a high level of professionalism and have knowledge of all emergency procedures for the YMCA and the Social Services Department.
- Supervisors must be able to read and understand court orders related to visitations, exchanges, and orders for protection.
- Dedication to maintaining confidentiality of the program participants and staff information.
- Attend monthly staff meetings with the Social Services Department.
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Responsible for submitting documentation in a timely matter.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
Hours: Part time 10-20 hours. Must have availability for two weekends out of the month.
• Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
• Saturday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
• Sunday 10:00 am – 6:30 pm
How to Apply:
Send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
Closing Day/Time: December 1, 2017 4:30 PM Central Time
Contact: Sara Salas Ramirez