YMCA: St. Cloud Area Family YMCA
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Join a growing movement serving Central Minnesota in Youth Development, Healthy
Living, and Social Responsibility. Serving over 12,000 and growing, we are opening
our new YMCA in May of 2017! Come join our team as a Personal Trainer!
Under the supervision of the Healthy Living Director, the Personal Trainer will assist with
motivating and educating our fitness members at the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA. Skills and
requirements of a personal trainer consist of designing safe and effective 30 minute to
1 hour personal training programs for individual clients and adapting the strength training
program to each person’s specific needs and abilities. The personal trainer would instruct
members in the strength training principles, training procedures, and specific exercise
techniques. This person should demonstrate excellent customer service skills dealing with
program participants and support staff.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certified within 30 days of hire
- New Staff Orientation required within 90 days of hire
- Experience in fitness instruction required. Nationally recognized Personal Training certification required to train such as ACSM, NASM, ACE, NSCA.
- Bachelors degree in health and wellness field preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required
- Ability to work with youth and adults from beginner to advanced levels of fitness experience
- Must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to lift at least 45 pounds
- Personal Trainer must abide by YMCA policies, procedures and guidelines and complete incident reports as necessary
- Must be willing to have flexible working hours. Mornings, evenings and weekend hours needed
- Teach members the proper and preferred use of all the strength training equipment
- Inform members of new information regarding strength training safety and effectiveness
- Provide individual supervision and reinforcement during members’ training sessions
- Promote Personal Training through personal example and member interaction
- Help maintain a neat, clean and pleasant environment on the fitness floor
- Attend scheduled Personal Trainer staff meetings and attend continuing education courses to stay current on fitness concepts and ideas
- All other duties as assigned by the Healthy Living Director.
Compensation Hourly: Negotiable based on certifications and experience.
Hours: Part-time 15-30 hours
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Day/Time: June 30, 2017
Contact: Cathy Elness