Member Service Associate: Afternoon/Weekend– Monday-Sunday 1PM-10PM
About the department/service:
The Member Service Team provides superior customer service and promotes the YMCA value as a not-for-profit, family-oriented wellness center (not “just a health club”) among current and prospective members. Our team is made up of friendly, intelligent, hard-working people who work together to create a fun, productive environment of service to our members & guests.
About the position:
Member Service representatives provide excellent customer service to the Y community and our guests. They:
- Greet members by name and are familiar with our program and policies
- Are fast, friendly & knowledgeable about the Y service and maintain a neat and professional appearance at the desk
- Acknowledge member departures with a friendly salutation (“have a good day!” etc.);
- Review electronic notes in the YMCA software (DAXCO) as well as the Communication Binder at the start of each shift
- Respond to staff, member & guest questions in a courteous, professional manner;
- Assist with any and all membership retention activities as assigned (for example, reminder calls, expired credit card calls, bounced payment calls, etc.) and
- Attend mandatory staff meetings.
- Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively with people and monitor property and activity.
- Ability to perform light physical tasks, including lifting up to 35 pounds
- Ability to stand and move for long periods of time at a busy facility
- One year experience in customer service and/or sales and handling money
- Accuracy and ability to learn & follow fairly complex registration procedures and handle member requests and concerns with friendly promptness
- Experience and proficiency with computers and capacity for critical thinking and independent problem-solving
- Must have some post-secondary education or significant customer service experience, be at least 19 years of age, and have reliable means of transportation (they Y is on the bus line)
- Free adult membership at the YMCA ($500+ value!). Staff may upgrade to family membership at a significantly reduced rate
Deadline for the application: Friday, September 22, 2017
To Apply: Email resume to Jacob.Kaduk@scymca.org