Manager on Duty (Part Time)
YMCA: St. Cloud Area Family YMCA
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Join a growing movement serving Central Minnesota in Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. Serving over 12,000 and growing, we are opening our new YMCA in May of 2017!
The Manager on Duty will provide will be responsible for the overall supervision of the YMCA in the absence of any other director or coordinator. This person must be able to supervise staff and volunteers and make sure that everyone follows safety standards and policies of the Y. This person should demonstrate excellent customer service skills dealing with members and support staff. This person should positively affect the operation of the branch.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have at least three years of customer service experience.
- Experience on computers, handling money, public relations and phone skills.
- Certified in CPR, First Aid, AED or able to acquire within 90 days.
- Managerial experience a plus.
- Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively with people and monitor property and activity.
- Ability to perform light physical activity.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work accurately and at a fast pace.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must possess excellent human relations skills, fostering positive relationships with members and staff.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities.
- Membership training modules completed prior to being scheduled.
- Knowledge of all emergency procedures
- Consistently available to work evenings and weekends.
- Perform all functions on (DAXKO) the computer system, as needed for the front desk.
- Communicate any maintenance issues on the daily MOD report.
- Responsible for 100% coverage for membership check in.
- Execute photos, read member screens, paperwork and all front desk duties.
- Ensure all staff is in compliance with the dress code.
- Monitor staff and send staff home if the facility is slow.
- Communicate in writing with professional staff on issues relating to staff concerns on weekends and in the evenings.
- Attend monthly management meeting as well as meetings assigned by leadership staff.
- Follow and ensure that all Risk Management procedures are followed.
- Understand and have the ability to act on all emergency procedures
- Stay current on all policies and practices by checking the operational manual, communications book, and staff meeting minutes.
- All other duties as assigned by the Membership Director.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
Hours: Friday 1PM to 10PM, Saturday 12PM to 9PM
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online or email resume to Jacob.firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes until: June 30 2017
Contact: Jacob Kaduk