Group Fitness Instructor- Mornings (5AM-12PM)
YMCA: St. Cloud Area Family YMCA
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Join a growing movement serving Central Minnesota in Youth Development, Healthy
Living, and Social Responsibility. Serving over 12,000 and growing, we are opening
our new YMCA in May of 2017! Come join our team as a Group Fitness Instructor!
Under the supervision of the Healthy Living Director, the Group Fitness Instructor will assist with
motivating and educating our fitness members at the St. Cloud Area Family YMCA. The Group
Fitness Instructor instructs fun, motiving and high quality group fitness classes, provides excellent
customer service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member
wellness in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Required Certifications: CPR, AED, National Certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in group fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise Certification
- Certification in areas of expertise; Cardio, Strength, Yoga, Cycle, Mat Pilates, Dance, Active Older Adults, Silver Sneakers, etc.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills
- 1 year of experience teaching group fitness classes preferred but not required
- Lead quality group fitness classes, as directed by the Healthy Living Director, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals
- Conduct energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes
- Maintain working knowledge of fitness industry and YMCA trends to provide effective information and training to members
- Be able to respond and follow YMCA policies and procedures in emergency situations.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required
- Must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Ability to conduct classes and activities relating to fitness. Must be able to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs at a time
- Must be willing to have flexible working hours. Days, evenings and weekend hours needed
- Help maintain a neat, clean and pleasant environment in the fitness studios
- Attend scheduled Group Fitness staff meetings and attend continuing education courses to stay current on fitness concepts and ideas
- The instructor is responsible for building relationships with the members and helping them with reaching their goals
- Keep accurate class attendance records.
- Ability to conduct classes and activities relating to fitness. Must be able to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs at a time.
Compensation Hourly: Negotiable based on certifications and experience.
Hours: Part-time 2 – 10 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com
Closing Day/Time: June 30, 2017
Contact: Cathy Elness