Climbing Wall Attendant Job Description
Supervise the daily activities at the climbing wall to provide a safe and friendly climbing environment for patrons to enjoy the benefits of indoor rock climbing.
- Know and enforce all climbing wall policies and procedures.
- Visually inspect equipment and facility during opening and closing of wall and report any problems immediately.
- Provide supervision of climbing wall participants to include belaying and spotting climbers.
- Provide climbing instruction following established curriculum.
- Provide assistance to climbers by:
- determining the eligibility of individuals to use the climbing wall
- teaching/demonstrating proper use of climbing equipment (harnesses, belay devices, shoes, etc.)
- maintaining accurate and current records of attendance, equipment inventory, and a list of those certified to belay
- accurately complete all forms and checklists
- Knowledge of indoor rock climbing including climbing technique, belaying, routes and rating systems, and rock climbing safety equipment.
- CPR/First Aid certification required
- Belayed certification required
- Certification in Rock Climbing instruction preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds, push, pull, climb and reach and perform repetitive motions. On a rare occasion, the employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Pay based on experience
- Other benefits outlined by our personnel membership policy
Please send resume to Carolyne Anderson, Youth & Family Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, Carolyne can answer them via email or phone (320) 253-2664.