Assistant Swim Coach
YMCA: St. Cloud Area Family YMCA
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Join a growing movement serving Central Minnesota in Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. Serving over 12,000 and growing, we are opening our new YMCA in May of 2017!
Under the direction of the Head Swim Coach and in accordance with the goals and objectives of the Saint Cloud Area Family YMCA, the Assistant Swim Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Swim Coach with managing the YMCA/USA swim team in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth by YMCA of the USA, USA Swimming, and under the pool rules at the Saint Cloud Area Family YMCA. The Assistant Swim Coach must role model the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and work daily to develop personal and meaningful relationships with members, staff, and guests.
Must have a competitive swimming background. Must have an understanding of how children learn, while having the ability to communicate clearly and directly with them. Must have communication skills to communicate effectively and efficiently with the Head Coach, other YMCA staff, and the swim team parents. Must maintain certifications in Lifeguarding, CPR with AED and First Aid, or become certified within a reasonable amount of time of starting the job.
- Build meaningful relationships with members and participants; help members connect with one another and to the YMCA.
- Work daily to nurture the potential of youth and teens; help people improve their well-being; and provide opportunities for people to give back and support their neighbors.
- Promote the mission of the Saint Cloud Area Family YMCA and core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all job-related functions.
- Lead practices of the group(s) given by the Head Coach with care and excitement.
- Ensure the safety of swimmers at the practice by following proper precautions and regulations.
- Give swimmers knowledge to understand and master stokes allowing for movement up through the swim team groups.
- Be on deck before swimmers begin practice, to greet swimmers and parents.
- Help set up and run swim meets as deemed necessary by the Head Coach.
- Communicate effectively with the Head Coach about daily practice procedures, emergencies, and information regarding swimmers and swim team well being.
- Attend any and all team meeting, get together, as deemed necessary by the Head Coach.
- Provide corrective feedback that will enhance swimmers’ techniques.
- Maintain structure and discipline within a group setting, while encouraging and promoting student participation in as positive manner.
- Engage parents and cultivate relationships to create a collaborative swim team environment
- Conduct self in a professional, friendly, helpful, courteous and diplomatic manner.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures; respond to emergency situations.
- Any additional tasks and/or duties as assigned by Aquatics Director/Head Coach.
- Works 10 hours per week on Administration aspects of the swim team.
Effect on End Results:
The purpose of the Assistant coach is to aid the Head Coach in the development of the swimmers, through mastery of swimming skills, knowledge of the sport, and goal setting. Swimmers of all ages on the team should gain an understanding of good sportsmanship, confidence, and the core values of the YMCA: responsibility, caring, respect, and honesty.
Contact Evan Shanley email@example.com