Come on in, the water’s great!
At the Y, we provide the most comprehensive and flexible aquatic programs in Central Minnesota, with the goal to build specific swimming and water safety skills for people of all ages and abilities. Oh, and we have fun doing it too.
Our programs include swim lessons, swim teams, lifeguard training, water aerobics, lap swim times, family and recreational swim times, and more.
Two pools to meet your needs
Our large pool is a 6-lane by 25-yard competition pool with a zero depth ramp. This pool is excellent for kids ages 6 and up. The temperature is ideal for classes, laps and activities.
The warm therapy pool is kept at 92 degrees and is one of the warmest pools in the area. It’s perfect for kids ages 6-months – 5-years, as well as adults with special circumstances. This pool is equipped with easy-access stairs, a chair lift and ladders to meet almost any individual’s needs.
Find the activity that’s best for you. See you in the water!
Y Swim Lessons: A standard in swimming
The Y provides water instruction for ages 6 months through seniors. Find the Swim Lessons right for you.
The importance of swim lessons
- Drowning is the leading cause of death in children ages 1 – 5 years and confidence around water (for parents, caregivers and children) can help minimize the risk
- Swimming develops all muscle groups evenly
- It may take 30-80 swim lessons to learn to swim independently
- Skills will dwindle if swimmers practice only in the summer! Kids need year-round swim lessons to truly progress
Why the Y?
- The Y has been teaching swimming for more than 100 years, providing individuals the opportunity to safely enjoy the water
- Each year, more than 2,100 people learn to swim at the St. Cloud Area Family Y
- Close attention: Our student/instructor ratios do not exceed 6:1 (does not apply to team, adult or parent/child classes)
The Y sponsors a competitive swim team for youth in the advanced levels of Y swimming (minnow & above)–ages 6-18. Practices are organized by ability/age and focus on stroke development, competitive swimming skills and team building. Swim team members may participate in a variety of competitions throughout the year. Learn more about our youth and masters swim teams.
Kids in the Pool
Water is the ultimate playground. It’s also very dangerous. For your child’s safety, children 8 and under must be accompanied by a parent/adult (age 18 & up) when using a Y swimming pool unless in an organized, supervised program such as swim lessons. Children 8 and under must be in arm’s reach of a designated parent/adult at all times in the water. The ratio of children under the age of 8 to adults should not exceed 3:1 in non-program activities.